FreeFrom Loftus Biscoff Cupcake Recipe (Speculoos)
Vegan, Gluten Free.
Hello and welcome to my first ever blog post on The Vogue Veggie!
This blog is all about celebrating delicious free from food, and what better way to start than with a healthy free from cupcake recipe!
I love Zoella’s Loftus cake, and I was recently inspired by Holly from The Little Blog Of Vegans Biscoff Cupcakes, and decided to put my own spin on these with a Healthy Free From alternative, which I hope you will love.
Shop My Vegan Baking Essentials
Natural Vegan Speculoos Biscoff Cupcakes
A Natural Vegan Free From Alternative to Biscoff Cupcakes. A Delicious Caramelized Cinnamon Filled Cupcake made from Oat flour, nut butter, maple syrup and aquafaba.
For The Cupcake
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 100 g Aquafaba
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice
- 2 tsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
For the Biscuit & Filling
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 g Coconut Sugar
- 3 tbsp Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
For the Decoration
- 1 cup Coconut Cream (Whisked)
To make the cakes
1. Pre Heat the oven to 180 c.
2. Add all your dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
3. Stir in your wet ingredients.
3. Whisk combined ingredients and spoon into 6 muffin cases.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
To make the biscuits
1. This is an all in one recipe. Just add all your ingredients into a bowl and combine well.
2. Place the dough into the fridge for 10 minutes.
3. Take 1/4 of the mix and place back in the fridge to fill your cupcakes with.
4. Roll out your dough into a floured surface and use a rectangular biscuit cutter to cut into rectangles.
5. Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
Let the cakes and biscuits cool.
Using a piping end, make a hole half way down the center of each of the cakes.
Fill the holes with the 'Biscoff' spread, using a piping bag.
Whisk your coconut cream and pipe onto your cakes.
Place on top your biscoff cookies and finish with maple syrup and cinnamon.